Monday, October 19, 2009

once a month cooking



Thursday night I found a link to a once a month cooking site.
http://www.once-a-monthcooking.com/ Well, I tried their sample week last night. The food looks good. She said in her instructions that it should take you about 2 1/2 hours to prep and assemble 7 meals. Well, I must be a little slower because it took me about 3 hours to assemble 5 of the meals and then I just quit. I am curious to see if I will think it is worth it after this week is over. It felt like I was preparing a Thanksgiving dinner with so many different things going at the same time. I am thinking it will save a lot of kitchen cleaning time. I made one HUGE mess last night, but cleaned as I completed each thing. For example, after I did both chicken dishes, I cleaned all the stuff and loaded cutting board, etc. in the dishwasher. So by the time I got done cooking, the kitchen was almost completely clean. I so hope it is worth it, as we have been eating a little more junk lately, as I get busy. Hopefully this will solve that problem. I should be able to thaw out the meal in the morning and then just have about 30 minutes of cook time in the evening. This is actually about how much time I spend anyway, but the cleaning time should be cut WAY DOWN. And if all the prep and assembly is done, even though I'm tired, at least I won't have to think about it, just go on autopilot. If the family likes the food I am definitely going to buy the book and start once a month cooking!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever looked at the 30 Day Gourmet website? http://www.30daygourmet.com/

    I have their original cookbook, and many of their recipes are free on their website.

    Also the Hillbilly Housewife was just running a special on the electronic versions of her freezer cookbooks and I bought them. I have not completed looking through them yet, but I tried out 3 of her chicken recipes several days ago. We have eaten one of them, but the other 2 are still in the freezer. ;)

    ReplyDelete