Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quote of the day and biblical worldview

"It isn't that Liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so much that isn't so." --Ronald Reagan

This is an interesting thought. It sums up what I think about many of my liberal friends. I feel like they are just brainwashed. I'm such a researcher, especially in the last 6 years, since I discovered much of what I learned through my secular education "is not so". The history I learned in school is not complete. I was always told that those that don't know history are destined to repeat it. I thought that was the point of learning history. I actually feel betrayed by the education I received. I ended up with a distinctly secular worldview. For many this will effect their belief in God. However, I always believed in God, but I will say that my view of His awesomeness was diminished by the false teaching and omitted events and motivations that I learned during my secular education. And I',m just talking about history right now. How quickly "they" were able to diminish our committment to the Lord with just a couple of generations of an education devoid of the Lord. The chances of the "church" in 3 hours a week undoing the brainwashing that goes on for 35-40 hours a week are slim. Especially when the topic is usually God's love. I mean, we know, God LOVES us. I mean we know it. But do we know the greatness of His plan and His power. Do we understand the natural consequences of defying is "perfect plan" for everything from dating, to marriage, to motherhood. Certainly I didn't. I think maybe the ones who knew were to afraid of speaking out. In this liberal society (including the church) if you speak out against feminism and women's lib you are a freak. I am trying to not care what people think about me and just shout from the rooftops what I KNOW from SCRIPTURE is God's plan for women and the family. I know part of the reason we can't just reason it out for ourselves goes back to our lack of biblical based education and the result is an unbiblical worldview.

No comments:

Post a Comment